skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Almost Here
We are on the final countdown to baby John. Last weekend we thought we would meet him, but he is just content to stay put for now. Last Saturday night I started having contractions that were stronger and closer and more regular than before. But they still weren't truly painful like I am imagining real active labor will be. So all night I debated on whether or not we should go in (and for those of you who know me well know I stress easily about things like that). Finally about 4 a.m. I decided I wasn't sleeping anyways and wouldn't get any sleep laying there stressing over it. So Cade took me to the hospital. They checked me and I was dilated to a 1+ and 80% effaced. They said they'd check again in an hour and if I had progressed at all they'd keep me, if not they'd send me home. Well the second check I hadn't dilated anymore, but she thought I was more like 90% effaced. We went home and after getting some rest, my contractions pretty much stopped. Monday they started up again, but still weren't getting super strong or any closer than about 8 minutes apart. Tuesday they were gone again and the rest of the week I didn't have much of anything happening. Thursday we had a doctor appointment and there was absolutely no change still. :(
John is really sent here to teach me patience I think. He waited patiently in heaven and now he is just content to keep growing to the last minute in my belly. I really cannot complain about the pregancy though. True I've had the typical pregnancy pains like hip joint pain, back aches, and some sciatic nerve pain the last couple of weeks, but all in all I have been very lucky in how well I've felt most of the pregnancy. I still love laying down and watching my bell jump around with his movements. I think I will miss that part when he is finally born. These last couple of weeks have been by far the slowest though. Part of it is that my body feels tired of being pregnant and ready to get back to as normal as possible. But mostly I am just so anxious to hold my baby and see what he looks like. I am so excited for Cade to finally get to hold him, too. I know this will be a huge change in our life, but I feel so ready for it and so blessed to finally be able to experience being a mother.
Here are a couple pictures from the last part of my pregnancy.
34 Weeks

39 Weeks
2 comments:
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
Can't wait to see you little man! Good luck!
Post a Comment