So after New Year's Cade bought me a late Christmas present. Mostly I think he was finding a way to get me to bake more goodies. Our old stove/oven was a really old green 1970s model and just didn't work well. The stove top was fine, but the oven didn't heat evenly and took forever to preheat (and we weren't ever really sure it was at the temperture it said it was). So we bought a new one. I love it. It's a gas stove and the oven is wonderful. So far I've baked cookies and German pancakes and they've both turned out great. When I baked in my old oven parts of whatever I baked would be burnt and other parts would still be doughy. Needless to say I didn't bake much, but now I can and I'm so excited because I love to bake. Here's some pictures of the process of putting it in....which is a whole other story and adventure. We thought we could have a repairman install it for us, but because of the way the old stove was piped, he wasn't licensed to touch it. Luckily he knew how to go about doing it and gave Cade his advice then Cade installed by himself.
This is the old green stove.
Here's Cade pulling the old gas pipe out of the old stove. Usually stove has a flexible line going from the stove to a valve in the wall, but our old one was hard piped directly from the wall to the stove....it was crazy. And we had to buy new tools for Cade so he could get it out. He loves any excuse to buy new tools.
Next he had to put a valve at the bottom of this pipe...after we took that pipe off.

Cade using his muscles to tighten the valve to the connecter pieces.

And here's the new one. Now our kitchen is starting to look more modern.
1 comment:
yeah for new kitchen stuff! Isn't if funny when you are married, you care more about what's in your house than clothes, makeup, etc. :)
Post a Comment