Thursday, January 8, 2009

Computer Virus

If you have Facebook or Myspace and if I have your email address you've probably seen this. I want to get the word out to everyone I can. And spread the word to people you know about this virus. It's tricky and seems like an innocent thing and even something you want to download to help your computer, but it's a bad virus. So keep reading if you haven't read my warning already.

I got a virus on my laptop and now it has to be wiped clean and I'm losing everything that is saved on it; so I wanted to tell everyone about the virus and how to avoid it. It usually pops up while you are on the Internet. I even had my pop up blocker on and it still came up so beware. It says it's an Anti-Spyware or Anti-Viral software and probably will tell you that your computer is infected with various viruses (which it most likely isn't infected at all) and spyware and that you must download this software to get rid of it. Wells this sounds great to get a free anti-viral software download. The only problem is that as soon as you hit "OK" or "download" or whatever it is, then it gives you a really bad real virus.

I was also told that this virus blocks you from updating your real Anti-virus software that is already installed on your computer. If you get this virus then you try to update your real software it will simply delete all the files and then you will be completely unprotected. This virus also uploaded porn site short cuts to my computer. The IT guy at my work says this is probably one of the worst viruses he's seen. So be careful and don't download any Anti-viral or Anti-spyware stuff from the Internet or from any pop-ups that come up while you are using your computer.

2 comments:

Cameron and Paige said...

Thanks for the info. Thant stinks about your computer though. Did it all get wiped out? I'm sorry that really sucks. I'm glad you letting other know about it. Thank you!

Adam and Dev said...

sorry about your computer- we got a dumb virus thing like that awhile ago on ours too! NO FUN...but it was fun to see you this weekend! And I sent you another blog invite, although it said you've accepted my previous invitation? I don't know, so just check it out soon, k? Love ya :)